Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on KVB-FASTag
1. Is there any incentive / discount on Toll payments using FASTag?
Customer can avail a cashback of 10% on all Toll payments using FASTag in FY 2016-17.
The cashback amount for a particular month will be credited back to your FASTag
account within a week of subsequent month.
2. Is FASTag compulsory & is FASTag for any particular kind / category of vehicle?
Adopting FASTag is voluntary at this stage of the program. But owing to the ongoing
demonetization exercise, many of the Lorry Owners’ Association and Oil Companies
like IOCL, BPCL, HPCL who are dependent on the truck movement are advising their
clients to go for FASTag to save time and ease of payment.
3. Who is implementing this program?
Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) (a company incorporated by National
Highways Authority of India) and National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) are
implementing this program with help from Toll Plaza Concessionaires, FASTag Issuer
Agencies and Toll Transaction Acquirer (select banks).
4. On which highways / roads FASTag can be used?
The list of toll plazas will be available at www.kvb.co.in .
5. What are the charges for FASTag?
Charges applicable on FASTag :
Tag cost *
Rs. 200 Inclusive of ST.
* One time FASTag Deposit amount
|S.No||Vehicle Class||Vehicle Type||Refundable Security Dep||Threshold Limit
||4||Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||200||100
||5||Light Commercial Vehicle||300||150
||6||Three Axle Commercial Vehicles||400||300
||12||4 to 6 axle||500||300
||15||7 or More Axle||500||300
||16||Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)||500||300
6. How can I buy FASTag and what documents are required?
The customer may visit any of the Point of Sale (POS) locations at outlets / Our
banks branches to get your FASTag account created. Customer may call on customer
care no. of the Issuing to know more details.
Customer need to submit a copy of the following documents along with the application
1. Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle.
2. Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner (viz. individual / corporate)
For Individual owned vehicles :
All Official Valid Documents (OVD) as same as account opening along with the proof
of vehicle Namely RC book photo copy.
For Corporate customers :
All OVD pertained to the corporate and list of vehicle type along with the Registration
Number has to be specified in the companys’ letter head.
(i) Issue of FASTag is subject to verification of original documents mentioned above
by the our Bank.
(ii) Customers are advised to bring originals of above documents while visiting
PoS for purchase of FASTag.
(iii) The FASTag will be fixed on the vehicle’s windshield by the representative
of the our bank only.
(iv) Any representative of the vehicle owner can provide the above documentation
and information and purchase the FASTag.
7. How will I get to know if and how much toll has been debited?
The customer will receive an SMS with requisite details to his registered mobile
number as soon as the toll transaction takes place. Periodic statement of account
may also be obtained on website of the Our bank after registration by the customer.
8. Do I need to use any specific lane at the toll plaza for FASTag?
A vehicle with FASTag may use any lane at toll plazas by making cash payment. However,
the FASTag will work only in the lanes demarcated for FASTag. Vehicle without valid
FASTag entering FASTag lane will be charged double the applicable toll amount in
9. Can I avail a Monthly Pass or Local Pass?
The monthly pass facility is specific to each toll plaza. Customer may call the
Toll Free Number for further clarity.
10. How and where do I finally pay the toll?
Our bank will electronically deduct the applicable toll fee from the customer’s
wallet account linked to the FASTag. This deduction will be done post the toll transaction.
The customer needs to adequately fund the wallet account which is linked to FASTag.
This recharge process may be termed as top-up.
11. How can I recharge my FASTag account?
The FASTag account can be recharged by making payment through NEFT/ RTGS, cash,
cheque and online through Credit Card/ Debit Card or through Net Banking.
FASTag account can be recharged upto ₹ 1,00,000.00 (Rupees One Lac only). For recharge,
steps to be followed as per the instructions at our website, www.kvb.co.in.
12. How would I cross toll plaza, if FASTag equipment are not working?
Please refer to Standard Operating Procedure (SoP) for FASTag user.
13. Is there any minimum value for such recharge / top up?
Yes, the minimum recharge amount is Rs. 100.
14. I have two vehicles, can I use one FASTag for two vehicles?
You will need to take two separate FASTags for the two vehicles.
15. Can a FASTag bought for my one vehicle be used for another vehicle?
No, FASTag is issued to each vehicle based on KYC documents submitted. If a FASTag
for instance bought for one Car is used for a Truck then such FASTag shall get blacklisted
resulting into denial of vehicle passage from FASTag lanes on Toll Plazas. FASTag
users are advised to desist from such practice.
16. What do I have to do if I lost my FASTag? What will happen to the account balance?
You will need to call customer care number of the our bank to block your FASTag.
Once you take a new wallet account, the our bank will transfer the balance to the
new wallet account.
17. How would I know that the correct user fee has been deducted from my FASTag account?
Customer will receive an SMS alert in your registered phone number each time an
amount is deducted from your FASTag account. Fee payable on each toll plaza may
be seen on www.nhtis.org in addition to displayed at concerned toll plazas.
18. How would I report an incorrect deduction and how will I get back the same?
Customer can report an incorrect deduction by calling us at customer care number
of the our bank. The Bank will review your request and take necessary action.
19.How do I block my FASTag account, in case my vehicle is lost?
Customer can call up customer care of the our bank and block his / her FASTag account.
20.I have new vehicle fitted with RFID Tag. How to get it activated?
Please contact the PoS of respective Our bank.
21. Can the tags purchased earlier be used?
Only RFID Tag purchased earlier may be used, in case of any problems, please contact
the Point of Sale of our bank. Any other type of Tag will not work on FASTag lanes.
22. Can FASTag be used for passage through toll plazas on the National Highways?
FASTag can be used on all toll plazas on National Highways where it has been integrated.
More that 360+ toll plazas across the country.
23. I have FASTag and also balance in my linked account, but I could not go through
ETC lane. How do I get my FASTag checked/ rectified to see whether it is active
Please refer to steps under Standard Operating Procedure (SoP) for FASTag user.
Customer to raise a request regarding the same by calling customer care of the respective
24. I reside within 10 Km of a particular Toll plaza. Do I need to take FASTag to
get the concessions available for local vehicles?
Yes, you can, if you need to access and use FASTag lane and to avail cash back.
25. What if I relocate to another City?
FASTag will work on all enabled toll plazas. In case of change in city or address,
the customer should inform only the Our bank.
26. Can one vehicle use more than one FASTag?
It is strictly prohibited to purchase two FASTag for one vehicle. In case of multiple
FASTag, customer will be responsible for operational issues.
27. What if I sell/ transfer my car?
In case of car being sold or transferred; only the Our bank needs to be informed.
28. What if the FASTag gets damaged?
The vehicle owner/ user could approach the Our bank for replacement of FASTag.
29. Can FASTag be used at places other than National highways?
It is planned to extend usage of FASTag to toll plazas at State highways for tolling,
parking lots for parking charge and various other payments at wayside amenities.
30. What if the vehicle owner/ user has a grievance?
The primary point of contact for the vehicle owner/ user is the Our bank, contact
details for which will be shared at the time of FASTag issuance. IHMCL can be approached
as the next escalation level.